Thursday, August 16, 2012

Six Years Ago...

This was me...with my cozy red socks that were a gift for such a time as this. I had left open house only a few hours before. After all I had 3 more weeks before my due date. My plan for the night was to watch So You Think You Can Dance and get ready for my first real day of work at my new school. I had no idea how early the next morning my life was about to change...how my definition of love was about to reach a new level of understanding...how 5 pounds and 14 oz would fill our arms, our house, our lives with so much joy!



We spent several hours, days, months (six years?) in awe of God's gift to us!



And we've been loving this boy ever since (and apparently dressing him up quite often.)




I think I've always taken alot of pictures hoping I could capture these moments forever...that I could keep my baby.


I never want to forget how he wore these boots an entire summer...no matter where we were going.


Or how cute he looks with that thumbs up in the air.


How he was the cutest little conductor I've ever seen and even if Thomas had the worst movies possible that he knew every little train by name.



Will I look at this picture and remember how nervous he was for his first t ball game and how proud he was to make it through?


Here he is dressed up (again)...of all the costumes in the world, he chose one of Uncle Matthews from many years ago.

 

Oh how many light saber battles...how many rainboot days?


In another six years, I don't think he'll fit in that bucket!


How long will he be this excited to see Mickey Mouse?


This past year has brought about many big boy changes. This can be hard for a Mama...I liked when I could stuff him in a stocking and he still didn't fuss!


He is no longer the smallest person in our house....what a responsibility to be a big brother!


I hope year six comes with new ways to spread his wings...


Our little (big) Parker....we love you more everyday!


Here's two thumbs up for a great year! Happy Birthday!







1 comment: