Friday, August 3, 2012

24 Hours + Booya + Siegner Girls = Oh yeah!

With a busy summer, we just haven't gotten enough adventures with our Booya. We have to remember that now that she's retired, we don't have to limit our time to the summer. She wanted to come up for one day this week and she brought along Melissa, Rachel and Cassie. These Siegner girls are all thrill seekers (maybe the last name;) and couldn't pass up a chance to go to Carowinds. As for the Bullis crowd, we love Carowinds too and haven't been once all summer! They got into town around 3 on Wednesday...and we headed straight to to the park where we managed to stay from 4 until closing, get up the next day and swim at their hotel, and tour the race shop before they left just 24 hours later!

(Side note: If you live here it makes sense to get the season pass if you plan to go to Carowinds more than once....if you only plan to go once, there is a ticket that you can go in starting at 4 till closing and it is only 27.00...if you go on a weeknight, you still have time to do the water park, as many rides as you want, and you can watch the fireworks as you leave at 10....and it is not as hot in the evening...makes much more sense that the 55.00 ticket for the whole HOT day!)




These two were excited to see each other...again!


Right under the mark for some of the bigger rides...


I never get tired of the North Carolina/South Carolina line in Carowinds. As you see most of our crowd is attached to the NC side of things.


We had to get a view of all of Carowinds from the Carolina Skytower before we went any further. I think the kids rode this a total of 3 times...so pretty at night.


I finally got to ride this...The Intimidator...with Rachel! Siegner is still my middle name! I rode my very first roller coaster (Vortex) at Carowinds a loooong time ago and like to make sure I'm trying all the latest!



And as much as I like roller coasters, I also still get excited to meet characters like Charlie Brown and Friends!





The best part was that no crowd meant rides over and over if you wanted!



I think my camera died right about here so I didn't get pictures of the water park...or our next day, but it was a great 24 hours!



Today I am packing for 7 whole days of our next (dare I say final summer adventure!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment