Monday, March 12, 2012

One. Cool. Kid.

In the past month, Parker decided he wanted a tie... We hadn't stumbled upon one until we were of course looking for something else.


I told him we would have to find a nice shirt so he could wear it on Easter. He said he thought his Mario shirt would work just fine...and couldn't wait to put it on...in the mall.


I wasn't going to squelch his style so we shopped...tie, glasses and all.


And I asked if I could take a picture of his coolness when we got home.  It's safe to say I got a photo shoot...with props and many angles.


I have to say sometimes I miss when my boy always thought I was the coolest person ever (I'm only that about half the time now)...when he sweetly went along with everything I said, when he never pushed the limits, when video games were not nearly as fun as me!


But he's growing up and in a good motherly worried manner...now I hope that he's independent enough, that he's brave enough, that he's mature enough. 



I pray for him to be sweet...and strong... and wise... and kind...and maybe just the right balance of all of them. And sometimes I feel a little freak out in side when he's not.



Tonight when he woke up (from his after school accidental nap) in our favorite game..."I love you more!" he said Mom, "I love you all the way to heaven and back." 




And then I remember to just enjoy my boy...and hope that he knows he will never win the "I Love you Mores" as long as I'm his Mama!

1 comment:

  1. These are great photos, Erin! Happy to join your blog!!

    ReplyDelete