Sunday, March 25, 2012

Just what I needed...

When I got an email from Anna a month or so ago saying her Aunt and Uncle had an open weekend at their mountain house and "come if you can"...it seemed like a great idea. By the time this weekend rolled around it seemed like a FABULOUS idea. I don't know if it's Spring Fever or my whole entire week of being 31 is sinking in :) but I was worn out!  A little relaxation, a lot of talking and laughing, and some sweet friends was just what I needed! We were sad to be missing some of our girls :( and hoping to have another "date" planned again soon!

I did leave my new camera behind hoping to get some pictures from Parker's first game, but it was canceled because of the rain. Sad he missed it but glad I'll be there next weekend to see it! They spent a great (and very productive:) weekend with Ganny and Grandaddy visiting. 

So...even in this beautiful place, my old faithful camera did the best it could! 

Here we are before leaving...taking a great timed picture. Next time we'll bring along our own photographer:)


Isn't this beautiful? (Duh!- this is for you Parker!)


Yep, they're pretty lovable!


Our (and I say OUR very loosely) project for the weekend was making some new dresses. What I mean by that is that Carly has learned how to sew these cute dresses and Anna brought some great fabric and I basically did a lot of oohing and ahhing.  



She even let me have a try for a very few minutes of this whole project.  Had to get a picture of my 5 minute sewing career.



Here is Anna's finished dress. So cute! (Mine is on in the top picture) 


Always sad to leave good friends....but always leave with a full and happy heart!

And of course happy to see some smiling faces at home. And they are always happy to see that I am not empty handed...thanks to a "quick" trip to Walmart and 3 eager shoppers!




“There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.”
― Charles Dickens

1 comment: