Saturday, March 10, 2012

Kindergarten Connection

My first year living in Huntersville which was my second year teaching, I worked at Blythe Elementary. Of course when I randomly got this job at the job fair, I had no idea that I would only be there one year!  About all I knew was that is was pretty close to my house and I had no idea where anything else was. During the interview I was told there would be 15 Kindergarten teachers (I was coming from a school with 3!!!) When they asked if that was a problem....I responded as if I didn't just pick my jaw up off the floor. What had I gotten myself into? Then during the first staff meeting  the casual news that many people (new people like me) would be "displaced" the following year due to the new schools. This seemed to be a well known fact to everyone else (oops guess I didn't do my research). Truthfully I had no idea what that even meant (it basically meant if you were new, you were probably going to a new school). With all these factors, how could this be a good year? Well...I just happened to be surrounded by some great people. There were so many good teachers (some I didn't even get to know until we moved to Highland Creek together) but somehow we meshed our teaching styles, our social styles and had some really great times together. I appreciate all these people for the things I learned about teaching and about life... This was also the year I finished my Master's degree and shortly after found out Parker was on the way.  I was so glad I had found a group of people to share my everyday life with at a time with so much "new" in my life.  When the year ended, we scattered in various ways, some moving to new schools and some staying put. We decided to have a Kindergarten Connection where we would continue to get together for fun reasons and to share ideas. We have always LOVED our time together but as more little ones  joined the group and crazy life happened... our frequency hasn't been as much as we liked. We were delighted to "reconnect" this weekend for a lunch at Dana's (minus a few:( ) and hopefully make it happen again soon.  When we used to get together it was just us girls (some had grown children and some had none!) ...then came Parker....then came more and more....

Now when we get together it looks more like this!





We do a little bit of sharing about school and a lot of oohing and ahhing at cuteness like this!




Instead of us "girls" around the table, now it's these girls around the table!



Between a bunch of teachers, it's safe to say we have some very social little friends!


And one day when they are in a new job somewhere, I hope they find some people just like their mamas to take real good care of them!




Parker was not able to join us because he and Daddy were at t-ball practice and ran a few other errands. They got us some planters so we could finally plant our "Lorax" seeds we got last week.


 Please, please grow little free seeds from IHOP.



Because I'm pretty sure we're gonna be checking everyday!

2 comments: