Monday, February 6, 2012

When I am 100...

I think I would be happy! Today is the 100th Day of school, I guess that makes this my 8th 100th day of school. It's only Parker's first 100 days and that is why in Kindergarten it is so special. On the 100th day of school, we do all kinds of 100 projects- What would I do with $100, we do 100 exercises, play 100 Bingo, make a necklace with 100 fruit loops, every child brings or wears a 100 project, and my personal favorite- We draw and write: When I am 100, fill in the blank.  I always enjoy this activity- some of our class answers today were... I would have wrinkles, I would walk slow, I would be very smart, I would take naps (that's what my grandpa does my student says), I would play Bingo, I would have lots of grandchildren. Today someone even told me they think they would wear diapers again...hmmm not the best thought but I guess there is a realist in any group. Parker's said he thinks he will be happy. I sure hope so Parker! Congratulations Parker and all my other little children- you made it through 100 days:)


This is us in 100 gear (well not Tinley but we didn't want to hurt her feelings and tell her she hasn't made 100 days in school yet) Parker stamped 100 up arrows on his shirt because we've been counting up to 100- his idea. I have 100 buttons because Mom made me this shirt my first year of teaching. I was not excited about wearing it but I've got to tell you I've gotten more compliments on this shirt than about any other I've had and I only wear it once a year (only inside the walls of a school- but hey a compliments a compliment.)


This is Parker's 100 year old person. Let me tell you what it says, Win I am 100 I tak I wd b hbe. This is Kindergarten, for When I am 100 I think I would be happy.


Whether you are 10 or 20 or 100, I hope you are feeling happy today:)


Happy Birthday to all this week's February birthdays! They just keep coming!


Happy Birthday Meredith on February 5th! We are so proud of you!




 Happy Birthday Adam on February 8th! Wish we could be there to celebrate with you!


And Happy Birthday Amy on February 8th! So glad we got to share some time with you before your birthday. 





No comments:

Post a Comment