Saturday, September 1, 2012

Feels like home...

The day FINALLY arrived! Lucy is home. There were many people who had been hoping, praying, and waiting for this day...and I was one of them. I happily hopped in the car after school on Thursday and made my way to RDU with excited butterflies for the occasion. It is truly hard to explain how much love was held in this one "meeting place" of the airport but there we were...united in our love for this family and our happiness to witness this special part of their journey. 
My pictures are really not that great because I was too excited to think about how to make them look nice, but they will serve the purpose of reminding me how great it was to be a part of this homecoming.


This was no small crowd...these are just a few of the people that came with their welcome home banners, shirts, balloons and smiles. Many passerby's stopped to ask just what was going on to bring all these people to the airport. 


Proud grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, neighbors,  and friends couldn't wait to get a glimpse...sweet Lucy took it all in while Andy and Sheryl (as tired as they must have been) let us all snap our pictures and make our fuss!


Yes, we love Lucy and so do a lot more people near and far! Sheryl looks so at home with her daughter on her hip and I am excited for the days and years ahead that we will share! 


Over the last couple of weeks, it occurred to me how blessed I am that I got to share and walk through a similar experience when our little (not anymore) Meredith came home from Russia. I remember the many days of talking about what was to come, the excitement of FINALLY driving to RDU, the butterflies as we waited, the overwhelming love that was there before they even came down that escalator. And I remember a big brother with a single balloon ready to meet his sister. What sweet days I've been a part of!




I also know that when you have a family and community of people that love you like Lucy has...like Meredith's always had, it never changes. It just feels like home.


So thankful to God for allowing me not only to be in RDU on these days but to be in the lives of these girls!




No comments:

Post a Comment