Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year-

A year ago, I wrote my very first post as 2012 began and hoped it would not be the only one. I must have enjoyed it because here we are a whole year later. I started out thinking of this as a scrapbook (that I could handle) for my kids and a way to keep in touch when life got crazy. I have been happy that it seems to be working for these purposes but I've also had some fun reflecting and writing. Maybe because it makes me stop to think for a little while. Maybe because it's one thing that is not required, but is my very own choice. Maybe because I know I need to enjoy these moments of everyday life. Maybe because it's kind of like telling a story to all my friends.  I'm thinking it's a combination of all:)

We headed out last night for a little get together with some friends (of course the kids prepared for a party all day.) Tinley was ready for a night of fun with her party shoes of course.


She's changed quite a bit since last year...potty trained, pacifier gone, hair grew out from the mullet. She definitely has become a little girl instead of a baby.

Parker made great use of the foam letters in the Steven's playroom. He may not seem as dramatically different than Tinley but a lot of growing up in that mind and heart has occurred. He's an old pro at school...got big boy friends of his own, some great thinking about how life works, and grown much braver as he faces new challenges.



Most importantly whatever we do, we do together with support from awesome family and friends. Learning about love. Learning about grace. Learning more about God. It really doesn't matter how old you are...we could grow in these areas every year.


This is what happens when you bring out the original Nintendo system. Super Mario and Ninja turtles...fun for all ages!


We did a little bit of an "early countdown" before we went our seperate ways but enjoyed lots of celebrating with our friends. Hats. horns. cookies. babies. hugs. It was a pretty- wild- night.






Now to get ready for school in the morning. We think we can. We think we can. 


No comments:

Post a Comment