Monday, June 18, 2012

Being "good busy"

We've had a busy and wonderful start to our summer. I always distinguish "good busy" and "bad busy". To me "bad busy" is when you can't fit in the important things, spending time with people you love, etc. "Good busy" is when you are busy doing the things you always wish you had time for. 


With the help of the grandparents, the kids got to do some fun things before I was done with my workdays and then they headed to Graham. Of course I followed right behind them, eager to get in on some of the "good busy" fun. It was great to visit and catch up with some of my favorite people around there! Here are just a few of our many fun times.


We finally got to meet baby Trey. He will probably be "baby Trey" until there is another baby, so hopefully someone else will come along. He is so sweet and easy and I had a great time playing dress up and taking some pictures.






Mostly I enjoyed doing this:)


When we visited Grandpa and Grandma, they took us to a fun park we've never been to.


They even had a little zip line, just right for the kids.





Then we got to help Grandpa pick out some new ducks for his pond. Parker thought that the person who had to chase them to get in the box was hilarious.




We even put in some hard work and the kids "helped" Daddy wash the car.



Finally we celebrated Father's Day...This shirt was one of Brandon's gifts...it says Coolest Dad Ever Except for Vader of Course.



Parker's says Who's Your Daddy?  Tinley's says Daddy's Little Princess


And here is the family "force push" going on. 


I don't think Brandon and I would have ever imagined that we would have a Star Wars theme going on in our house...but here we are. We know we have a special Dad who will make Father's Day all about what the kids really enjoy!

Happy Summer!!



No comments:

Post a Comment