Monday, May 14, 2012

Feeling Appreciated

Two of the most difficult and most wonderful things I've done in my life...being a teacher and being a mother.  It seems ironic that the days that are made to appreciate these two roles come back to back every year. Last week was teacher appreciation and then of course Sunday was Mother's Day. Of course the big time rewards become in every day life with my students and my children...but I do believe I was starting to get a little spoiled!! It definitely got me thinking that I need to make sure I'm showing appreciation for all the big and small roles in my life.

Here are some beautiful flowers I got from one of my students. They look so cute carrying little flowers down the hall...looks like they are going to pick someone up for a date:)


In addition to lots of sweet treats (apparently my students do not care about the size of my clothes), my class made me this flower pot with fingerprints turned into bees and gift card flowers...I guess that's where we've been confused...money doesn't grow on trees, it grows in flower pots.


I loved my Mother's Day coupon book from Parker. This is one of the pages...I will scratch your back. That's right...my boy knows what I like...and I've already used this coupon.



Footprint butterfly from Tinley!


Mother's Day pictures...



This year we made garden stones with Tinley's handprint for our Moms. We had done one with Parkers when he was about 2...how the time flies!


Posing with Ganny..


We headed out to Cedar Rock Park for a Mother's Day Picnic


 A cousin walk to the waterfall


When we got there...there wasn't much water falling...




But it was still very pretty and they were just as happy with the rocks and company.


 Appreciating my Mother...



Some fun on the playground!


Meanwhile Grandaddy had a surprise retirement party Saturday night. 


Happy Retirement!!



Some other random pictures of us preparing for summer...we can't wait till you get here!!!



“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just

as in fact you are doing.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment