Sunday, March 17, 2013

Erin Go Braugh

One of my favorite Irish sayings for obvious reasons....I always had a fun time as a little girl thinking I had a little special "in" on the whole Ireland/St. Patrick's Day thing just because of my name (and my Mom's delicious green meals). I even got to visit Ireland in my college days ..beautiful scenery, castles, cathedrals, happy little towns...and hours and hours on the bus with Amy;) There's just no reason not to smile when I think about the "luck of the Irish." 

It just so happens there's another fun day for me around this time of year...What a happy birthday (week) or (two) I had! So many special little thoughtful things that made a great birthday for me. My only pictures I really have are of my two cakes.
My first cake (with my finger in my picture) made my some of my favorite little people. I believe it had sand, bubbles, dirt, and a bubble wand candle. Not very appetizing but made with lots of love and a pretty great serenade.


My second cake...yummy and can't say I mind the decor here either.




A visit to the school art show to see some of Parker's work on display.



I was glad he was able to explain this "cityscape" to me because upon first look I would never have noticed the little person in the building that he informed me was disco dancing in the city at night. If you look closely you can see the little green people. There is always more than meets the eye to art.


Well maybe not always- this is a clay pumpkin....and that's all there is to say about it.


This Saturday, we got to help with a shower for Brad and Brittany- last one before the wedding. Parker stayed back for a sleepover with Sadie, first practice of the season and lots of fun with Matthew and Meagan...big day!

It's hard to believe in about a month, the wedding will be here!



Can't pass up an opportunity for a game!


Happy to celebrate with them and looking forward to having yet another Mrs. Bullis around.


Warning that there are lots of pictures of a green tutu approaching but everything looks a little cuter with a tutu-hard not to take pictures.


 Mouth full of a St. Patty's donut from Booya.


Parker was singing at church this morning. I think these two missed each other- a little pre-singing hug:)


What a a beautiful day...please don't go away fun spring weather. We really enjoyed you today!








Hope you get a little lucky smooch today- even if you're not Irish;)








No comments:

Post a Comment