Sunday, February 3, 2013

Plans to Give You Hope And a Future

We all do a lot of planning and predicting everyday. We plan our schedule, what we'll get done, who we'll see....We predict how the day will go, our week will go, our year will go. While I do think planning is very important and predicting can be really fun (see below:), sometimes we are pleasantly or unpleasantly surprised when things go differently. We all have "those days" and Friday I was having one of them! Today a well known verse served to remind me of a plan that will not change. "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."- Jeremiah 29:11 
Always good to rest in the truth!


Parker made us very proud this week earning his yellow belt!



Never would I have predicted that I would be rooting on my child to punch and kick, but so proud he's pursuing something he enjoys.


Saturday morning we headed to the Nature Museum for their special Groundhog Day event, but first we said hello to some other animal friends.


Parker and Tinley both seemed a big fan of the turtles (I think it had something to do with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). 

I pressed for the groundhog paint...but no... turtles it was.








Finally getting around to the main event...lots of crafting.



This is a new yellow-pink type groundhog.


Look at all these people waiting to see what Queen Charlotte would predict. 


No shadow. Spring weather is on the way. I do believe she was just trying to be a crowd pleaser;)


 Follow up photo shoot. Tough job.


Look at all those shadows we saw....hmmm are groundhogs truthful?


Before we left we visited the butterflies. Parker was very serious about trying to catch one...maybe next time.


We did see some beauty though!



Happy Groundhog Day!


Now on to our next predictions for the Superbowl: Parker has predicted the Ravens to win. Tinley has predicted the 49ers to win. No picture yet of this years prediction yet...a little ink trouble happening.

Heres a review of the last 2 years predictions. 

2 years ago...Both had the flu...both predicted correct!

Here is a video we made of Tinley that year!



Last year they took two different sides and Tinley was correct...again!



















I don't know much about football...but I'm going to have to go with Tinley. 2 for 2 without even being able to talk...she must have good instincts!

No comments:

Post a Comment